Unlocking Trait Tiers
- Adept trait tier will now unlock at level 30.
- Master trait tier will now unlock at level 60.
- Grandmaster trait tier will now unlock at level 80.
Trait points have been condensed into 14 points (down from 70), each of which is equivalent to the value of 5 old trait points. This means that instead of granting 10 points of each trait-line-specific stat, each trait point will provide 50 points of the trait-line-specific stats. These will be distributed in the following manner:
- Level 30--1 Trait Point
- Level 36--1 Trait Point
- Level 42--1 Trait Point
- Level 48--1 Trait Point
- Level 54--1 Trait Point
- Level 60--1 Trait Point
- Level 66--2 Trait Points
- Level 72--2 Trait Points
- Level 78--2 Trait Points
- Level 80--2 Trait Points
Creatures in the level range of 11-79 have had their stats adjusted to account for the player obtaining traits and stats from trait lines later on in the leveling process.
- Traits will now be locked by default and will require the player to unlock them via Trait Guides.
- All previously created characters will be grandfathered into the current system, which will unlock traits I-XII.
- Any newly created characters will start out with locked traits.
- Any new traits added to the game will be locked.
- Story dungeons
- Mini dungeons
- World vs. World
- Personal story
- Map completion
- Specific bosses
- Adept tier Trait Guides:
- 10 silver and 2 skill points
- Master tier Trait Guides:
- 50 silver and 5 skill points
- Current Grandmaster tier Trait Guides:
- 1 gold, 50 silver, and 10 skill points
- New Grandmaster tier Trait Guides:
- 3 gold and 20 skill points
- The Refund Traits button, which was previously only seen in the PvP areas of the game, has become game-wide. Refunding traits is free.
- A player can refund their traits anytime they are not in combat or a competitive PvP match.
- A minus button has been added directly below the plus button on each trait line to allow players to refund a single point out of a line at a time.
- Blinding Ashes: Blind foes for 4 seconds when you burn them. (Cooldown: 5 seconds)
- Lightning Rod: Interrupting an enemy causes them to be struck by a lightning bolt that damages them and leaves them weakened for 4 seconds.
- Stone Heart: You cannot be critically hit while attuned to earth.
- Aquatic Benevolence: Healing done to allies (not self) is increased by 25%.
- Elemental Contingency: Gain a boon when you are struck, based on your current attunement. (Cooldown: 10 seconds) The base durations of these boons are as follows:
- Fire: 3.5 seconds of retaliation
- Air: 5 seconds of fury
- Earth: 2.5 seconds of protection
- Water: 3 seconds of vigor
- Synaptic Overload: Gain 3 seconds of quickness when you knock back or launch a foe. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)
- Bunker Down: Create a proximity mine at your location when you critically hit with an attack. Mines have a 10-second duration and a 2-second cooldown.
- Fortified Turrets: Your turrets are surrounded by a reflective shield when created. The shield has a 4-second duration, which is canceled if the turret is picked up or destroyed.
- Experimental Turrets: Turrets apply boons to allies around them in a 600 radius every 10 seconds.
- Thumper Turret: 3 seconds of protection
- Net Turret: 10 seconds of swiftness
- Rifle Turret: 5 seconds of fury
- Healing Turret: 3 seconds of vigor
- Rocket Turret: 3 seconds of retaliation
- Flame Turret: 3 stacks of might for 10 seconds
- Gadgeteer: Gadgets grant additional boons upon use. Boons vary based on the gadget being used.
- A.E.D.: 3 seconds of retaliation
- Personal Battering Ram: 5 seconds of fury
- Rocket Boots: 4 seconds of vigor
- Slick Shoes: 8 seconds of regeneration
- Throw Mine: 6 seconds of aegis
- Utility Goggles: 5 stacks of might for 8 seconds
- Amplified Wrath: Burning damage is increased by 33%.
- Radiant Retaliation: Retaliation damage scales from condition damage instead of power.
- Communal Defenses: Grant 5 seconds of aegis to allies in a 360 range when you block an attack.
- Force of Will: Gain up to 300 vitality, based on your level.
- Purity of Body: Virtue of Resolve's passive effects increase endurance regeneration by 15%.
- Power Block: Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown of 10 seconds.
- Triumphant Distortion: Gain 3 seconds of distortion upon killing an enemy.
- Bountiful Disillusionment: Gain boons each time a shatter skill is used.
- Mind Wrack: 3 seconds of retaliation
- Cry of Frustration: 3 stacks of might for 15 seconds
- Diversion: 5 seconds of fury
- Distortion: 8 seconds of regeneration
- Disruptor's Sustainment: Gain 1000 healing power for 5 seconds upon interrupting an enemy.
- Maim the Disillusioned: Enemies hit by shatter skills are inflicted with torment.
- Parasitic Contagion: 5% of the damage dealt by your conditions heals you. (This is not affected by healing power.)
- Path of Corruption: Dark Path now additionally converts 2 boons into conditions.
- Unholy Sanctuary: Regenerate health while you are in death shroud.
- Unholy Martyr: Draw 1 condition from allies every 3 seconds while in death shroud, gaining 5% life force each time a condition is drawn.
- Renewing Blast: Life Blast heals allies that it passes through.
- Revealed Training: Gain up to 200 extra power when striking an enemy from stealth, based on your level.
- Invigorating Precision: You are healed for 5% of outgoing critical strike damage.
- Resilience of Shadows: Stealth effects that you apply reduce incoming attack damage by 50%.
- Assassin's Equilibrium: Gain 1.25 seconds of stability when striking an enemy from stealth.
- Bewildering Ambush: Stealing also applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5.25 seconds.
- Read the Wind: Longbow and harpoon gun projectile velocity is increased by 100%.
- Strider's Defense: You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while engaged in melee combat.
- Poison Master: When swapping pets, your pet's first attack will inflict poison. Poison you apply deals 50% extra damage.
- Survival of the Fittest: Remove two conditions and gain fury when using a survival skill.
- Invigorating Bond: Your pet heals allies in an area when executing command abilities.
- Burst Precision: Burst skills have a 100% chance to critically hit.
- Dual Wield Agility: Your attack speed is increased by 10% when wielding a sword, axe, or mace in your offhand.
- Rousing Resilience: Gain up to 1000 toughness when you break out of a stun, based on your level.
- Phalanx Strength: When you grant yourself might, you grant 6 seconds of might to nearby allies as well.
- Brawler's Recovery: Removes 1 stack of blindness when you swap weapons.