- Berichten: 106
- Lid geworden op: do 09 jan 2014, 12:36
- GuildWars 2 naam: ThiBash.5634
PvP Reward Tracks
PvP Gear Unification
- Added a new reward system to structured PvP. When playing structured PvP, players will select a single reward track to be active at a time and earn a variety of rewards as they progress through the track.
- To progress reward tracks, players need play PvP in a match that has progress enabled.
- All eight dungeon reward tracks will be available on a biweekly rotation, one at a time. Alternatively, each dungeon reward track can be permanently unlocked on an account-wide basis by completing the corresponding story mode of that dungeon.
- The reward track system will have both repeatable and non-repeatable tracks. We will be shipping with five region tracks, eight dungeon tracks, and one Balthazar Back Item track that has a unique back item skin, which can be equipped and used in PvE, PvP, and WvW with the new wardrobe.
- Five Repeatable Region Tracks--Shiverpeak Mountains, Ascalonian, Ruins of Orr, Krytan, and Maguuma Jungle.
- These tracks contain region-based weapon skins, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, Obsidian Shards, and champion bags.
- Eight Repeatable Dungeon Tracks--Ascalonian Catacombs, Caudecus’s Manor, Twilight Arbor, Sorrow’s Embrace, Citadel of Flame, Honor of the Waves, Crucible of Eternity, and the Ruined City of Arah.
- These tracks contain your choice of dungeon armor and weapons, dungeon tokens, and champion bags.
- One Non-Repeatable Balthazar Back Item Track
- This track contains the unique Fires of Balthazar back-slot skin, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, Obsidian Shards, champion bags, and Mystic Clovers.
PvP Ranks Updated
- All PvP equipment (armor, weapons, amulets, etc.) can no longer be obtained or equipped.
- Upon entering Heart of the Mists, players will have their PvP items removed from their character inventory, character equipment, PvP locker, and account bank. This includes PvP chests.
- All removed items will have their appearance unlocked in the account wardrobe.
- Characters in PvP will use the same armor and weapons from PvE.
- All items give zero attribute, rune, sigil, or infusion bonuses in PvP.
- All items function as level 80 exotic-quality items.
- Chest, leg, and boot armor still contribute to the total defense value.
- All attribute values are consistent with the old system.
- PvP gear now includes unique rune, sigil, and amulet slots.
- Players now have access to a new build-editing UI.
- While in structured PvP, there is a new quick-launch bar at the top of the screen to access the new PvP Build panel and the game browsers.
- There is also a new hotkey option for the PvP Build panel in the Control Options menu.
- PvP build components are no longer items but are chosen from a constantly available list of options.
- Sigils are selected without having to apply them to weapons.
- Runes are selected without having to apply them to armor.
- Only one rune set may be chosen at a time, giving the full six-piece bonus.
- Players can do a search for specific runes, sigils, amulets, and weapons.
- Players can sort by category (attribute or sigil archetype).
- Underwater weapons have been removed since underwater aspects of maps, or maps containing a large underwater portion, have been removed from rotation.
PvP Map Updates
- Changed the required rank points needed to level for PvP ranks 40 through 80. Each of these ranks now requires 20,000 rank points.
- This changes the maximum required rank points needed to obtain a Dragon rank from 8.9 million down to 1.1 million.
- Some high-ranking PvP players will be moved up the ranks due to the rank rebalance. These players will receive rank rewards based on their new rank.
- With the new PvP rank rebalance, some players will be moved to rank 80. They will be able to get rewards by progressing through rank 80 after they’ve initially achieved it. Each time rank 80 is completed, additional rewards will be awarded.
- New Courtyard Map
- This map is a special treat for the PvP community. Player-created spin-offs of the game have been very enjoyable for the team, and this map was created to help support those efforts. The Courtyard is a pure team deathmatch map designed especially for smaller encounters but is still fun with standard-size groups. The Courtyard map is not a fully supported game mode and is only available in player-owned custom arenas. We are really looking forward to seeing this map used for some of the 2v2, 3v3, and other styles of play that the community has come up with.
- This is a small map with no capture points.
- This map will only be available for custom arena owners.
- Players will be able to progress toward ranks and reward tracks in the Courtyard.
- Removing Raid on the Capricorn
- Raid on the Capricorn was created to test the waters with underwater combat in PvP, but it is not something that the team would like to continue. Raid on the Capricorn has been removed from PvP along with the underwater training areas in Heart of the Mists. Underwater weapons were subsequently removed from the revamped build UI.