Echoes of the Past
As the Pact prepares for the war against Mordremoth, heroes unite in a mysterious land to hold the line against the Elder Dragon’s encroaching forces. But as secrets are revealed, will Tyrians find hope, or only come to understand that the road to war is paved with points of no return?
After completing Echoes of the Past, showcase your tactical mastery as a hero of Tyria by completing challenging, episode-related achievements.
- The new Carapace and Luminescent armor sets are now available, with distinct looks for light, medium, and heavy professions.
- Beginning with the six shoulder pieces in Echoes of the Past, the full sets will become available over the rest of the season, for a total of 36 new skins to unlock.
- By completing the story and playing in the open world, players can earn pieces of Carapace armor.
- Prove your mastery of the area by completing item collections to upgrade your Carapace armor to Luminescent armor.
- Completing events in the Silverwastes rewards you with bandit crests that can be traded for a variety of rewards, including:
- Recipes to craft components for the new Sinister stat combo (condition damage, power, and precision).
- An Endless Dust Mite Tonic.
- The Bandit Combat Journal, used to unlock the Bandit Weapons Specialist collection.
- Bandit Skeleton Keys, used to open Lost Bandit Chests buried throughout the area.
- And more!
- Search throughout the Silverwastes for Lost Bandit Chests.
- Complete events to receive Silverwastes Shovels used to find and uncover chests.
- Once a chest is uncovered, every player in the map will have a chance to open it. Don’t forget your Bandit Skeleton Key.
- Chests contain Embroidered Coin Purses, Lumps of Raw Ambrite, and a chance for the new Endless Arid Devourer Tonic and new high-level bandit weapons with a choice of stats.
- Moved the Enchanted Treasure Chest inside the Salma District (human home instance). It is now inside the first house on the left upon entering the map.
- Straits of Devastation: Fixed the strong-current warning at the boundary of the Sea of Elon.
- Malchor’s Leap: Moved the world map marker for the Doric’s Shrine point of interest so it is no longer hidden by the Doric’s Waypoint icon.
- Glyph of Elementals: Toggle abilities for this skill are now instant. Skill facts of toggle abilities will no longer appear on this skill.
- Glyph of Lesser Elementals: Toggle abilities for this skill are now instant. Skill facts of toggle abilities will no longer appear on this skill.
- Magnetic Shield: This skill can now be used while moving and will no longer root the engineer in place.
- Slick Shoes: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Super Speed: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Toss Elixir H: Fixed an issue in which boons given by this skill had the wrong durations when traited with Potent Elixirs. Also fixed the incorrect skill facts that appeared when traited with Potent Elixirs.
- Toss Elixir C: Fixed an issue in which boons given by this skill had the wrong durations when traited with Potent Elixirs.
- “Retreat!”: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 60 seconds to 40 seconds.
- Bane Signet: Increased the duration of the knockdown from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Maim the Disillusioned: Increased the number of torment applications per clone shattered from 1 to 2.
- Death Shroud: Reverted a change that caused this effect to incorrectly cancel abilities (such as stomping) when the necromancer’s death shroud runs out.
- Necrotic Grasp: Increased the velocity of this projectile by 50%.
- Life Siphon: Increased this skill’s base healing by 25%, and increased the scaling with healing power by 75%. Fixed a bug in which this skill increased by 25% instead of 20% when traited with Bloodthirst.
- Point Blank Shot: Added a warm-up to this skill and changed the projectile to help differentiate it from other ranger longbow abilities.
- Reduced the recharge of venom abilities from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.
- Crushing Blow: Increased the number of vulnerability applications that this skill applies from 4 to 10.
- Tremor: Increased the velocity of this skill by 12%.
- All siege weapon sites now display names with their build prompts.
- Reduced the overall size of arrow cart and ballista build sites.
New Items and Promotions
- Miniature Belinda Delaqua is now available in the Toys category of the Gem Store for 350 gems.
- A talking Replica Job-o-Tron Backpack is now available in the Style category for 500 gems.
- A new Guild Flag Finisher is available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 600 gems.
- A Celebration Boost has been added as an uncommon drop to the Black Lion Chest Boost Slot. This one hour buff grants 100% boost to magic find, WvW rank gain, experience from kills, and gold from kills.
- Reduced the cost per use of the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic to 60 copper.